A valid video file was found, or could not be loaded!
Seldes at age 98 is the centerpiece of the film: remarkably engaging, witty and still impassioned about his ideas and ideals. Ralph Nader, Victor Navasky, Ben Bagdikian, Daniel Ellsberg, Nat Hentoff and Jeff Cohen, among others, provide incisive commentary. Stunning archival footage and over 500 headlines, photographs and articles provide a rich historical backdrop.
Tell The Truth and Run raises fundamental questions about the recorded history of the Twentieth Century; about freedom, fairness and diversity in the media; about power and abuse of power; and about public citizenship and the democratic process.
Tell The Truth and Run is an ideal film for students. It is divided into chapters of 6-10 minutes each, and each chapter addresses one or more themes that will stimulate thought and discussion. Subject matter and themes include:
* World War I and the role of the war correspondent
* America's press and the rise of European fascism
* "The most sacred cow of the press is the press itself."
* Who chooses the news-- and why
* The press and McCarthyism
* The growth and dangers of media monopoly